Saturday 1 August 2009







The next day was going fine until the bike started behaving like a 'Space Hopper' on ice. The rear shock absorber had blown a seal. I rode on for 45 minutes but it was getting too dangerous. Seeing a truck coming towards me, the first vehicle in 3 hours, I decided to flag it down and try to get some help. Then over my shoulder I saw a white vehicle speeding towards me. It looked like a van, I had never seen one since leaving Turkey. Waving by arms like some wierdo I tried to flag it down. Thankfully it stopped. It had a UK number plate. I greeted the occupents with a 'what the f**k are you doing here?'. Turns out they were 3 Dorking lads, Stephen, Thane and Kyle doing the Mongol Rally. After a number of team talks they agreed to take me to Ulaanbaatar. Thank God for small mercies. It was a bit cramped in the back of the LDV Convoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment