Wednesday 25 November 2009

How much?

Got Maisie sorted to fly to Quito. Almost choked when I was told that it would be $1901-34. Still I had no option and after arranging for her to see me in Quito, I paid $486 to get myself there. Six hour wait at the aiport and then I was heading over the Darian Gap. A 50km stretch of lawless jungle between Panama and Columbia where isn't a road.
Quito quite a nice place and now waiting for Maisie to arrive later today. She had an overnight stop in Bogota, Columbia. I hope that she is being well looked after. Almost certain that I will get the Maisie out of customs tomorrow morning and then ride south to meet up with my mate.
Last night met up with Nico, a local, and Frank an Aussie who rides a BMW650 Dakar and has been on the road for 8 years. He thinks that he may go home next year. B****y hell that is a seriously long trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment