Wednesday 18 January 2012

Mas El Dakar

Headed for San Rafael close to the Chilean Border and then decided to get a full day of spectating at Uspillata. What I did not realise was that it was at over 2000m and with my history of altitude sickness I was going to have problems. Surprise surprise I was really ill and some locals from Mendoza were good enough to look after my kit and even take it into town after the Rally had passed. I just had to get the bike there. It is amazing how the competitors handle the terrain and in the 39 deg heat. The motorcylists are super human.
After a night in a hotel I was 400% better and decided to head to the Chilean Border so that I could renew my Argentinian documentation. I left late afternnon to avoid the crowds returning after the Dakar and met a couple of Italians, Massimo who was working on developing an Eco Village and his mate Fabio and I kipped the night on the floor at their digs. I also met Geoff who was following the Dakar on a heavily laden 250. Geoff is a pilot in The Falklands.
I returned to Buenos Aires over the next couple of days having learnt a lot about loading and riding Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment