Saturday 5 September 2009

Disaster - AGAIN!!!!

Only managed to get about 30 miles out of San Fransisco before I got a puncture. In tigthening up the axle clamp it fractured and so there was practically nothing holding the wheel in place. Decided that a slow speed ride would be OK and got another 30 odd miles down the road before the puncture repair failed. So Catch 22. Could not repair puncture since the axle clamp would fall apart and I would not be able to ride the bike. A $180 lift on a recovery truck found me at a hotel adjacent to a bike shop. Unfortunately the bike shop could not order the parts so they are on their way from the UK. It appears that the new manager at my UK bike shop was not very helpful so the bits are coming from an untested supplier. As they say in the Navy 'that is life in a blue suit' or life when dealing with a person who has not been subjected to my charm, wit and good looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment