Sunday 11 October 2009

Finally on the road again!!!!


Took the really dull, straight, busy and hot Highway 10 to southern Arizona. Once I managed to get off main roads the scenery was wild and stunning and their seemed to be some interesting inhabitants. Voluntary and non-voluntary.
Turns out to be the perfect place to have a prison. Not a good picture of this cactus but it looks just like an egg from Alien and coupled with the huge Saguaro cactus the whole area is not ideal for making a jail break. Perhaps Ripley should offer her services to aid escapees.
Time for some trivia. The Saguaro cactus, I think this is one though without my pocket guide for cacti found in the Florence area of Arizona I cannot be sure. I apologise in advance to all you cactus huggers out there. Anyway back to Saguaro trivia. They grow at 6" every 9 years and some have reached 50' with 50 arms. They are the Arizona equivilent of trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment