Tuesday 27 October 2009

Copper Canyon

The border was where I met a bunch of American off road bikers who were on their way to ride Copper Canyon. This was my intended first location of interest in Mexico. Once we got across the border, they had a few problems, I was welcomed into the fold and spent the next 3/4 days with them.



It was great to be riding with like minded people who wanted to hear about my stories. Jason even told me that he needs to convince the wife to let him do a long trip. Possibly around Oz. Do it mate!!


Copper Canyon was stunning and certainly gives the Grand Canyon a run for its money. I rode with them to a village right at the bottom called Batopillas. My poor old bike, let alone me found it hard going. So the next day I took the easy way out and took a truck back to the top. I did feel very guilty but I have to look after the bike. She has a long way to go.







The team.






No comments:

Post a Comment