Sunday 14 February 2010

Dry land



After getting off the ferry at Puerto Montt we said goodbye to some of the group and I headed SE with Graham and Sue. Our destination was Peninsular Valdes on the eastern coast of Argentina. It would take us 4 days to get there and on the way we passed through some stunning canyon scenary. On the 3rd day we followed a recommendation to stay in Dique Florentino Ameghino. This small town is set in the middle of the Pategonian Desert and is a bit of an oasis. Largely due to the abundance of water seeing that it is sat on the lower side of a dam.

As an aside. Everytime that I ride past a group of animals, be they cattle, sheep or llamas when I look behind me I see them scattering in every direction. Very chucklesome. The 'power' of Maisie. Shame that she cannot convert some of those decibels into horsepower.

1 comment:

  1. The word 'chucklesome' is quite ! I'm going to have to work that into conversation !

    ReplyDelete