Thursday 11 February 2010

NAVIMAG




On returning to Puerto Natales from Torres del Paine I caught the Navimag ferry to Puerto Montt. Ten years ago I did the trip in reverse though then the poor weather stopped me from seeing too much. This trip started out exactly the same and the trip through the multitude of islands off the west coast of Chile did not provide many views.
The main purpose of the ferry is to transport road freight between the north and south of the country. This is essential since without travelling into Argentina there is no road link.
Old habits never die and I was soon checking the equipment. All I needed was my little green screwdriver.

1 comment:

  1. I'm certain the crew quaked in fear of your inspection. Best that you didn't have the little green screwdriver !

    ReplyDelete