Friday 30 March 2012

The coast and an extra 15 degrees. Temperature that is.




Des got back
from his trip to Machu Picchu 2 days ago and seems to have thoroughly enjoyed it. Since I did not go here are a few pictures of my time there a couple of years ago just so that I do not feel left out.

Yesterday we rode to the coast and stayed at Chalco in a beach front hotel. Very nice and fun!! As we left Arequipa I came across some Police bureaucracy. Like all toll roads in
Peru motorbikes go for free. At this particular toll it was unclear where they wanted bikes to go since some places there is a separate lane and at others you go through the toll lane. I started to head down the toll lane and then frantic waving and shouting tried to indicate that I should go down a really narrow motorbike lane. It was too late so I continued down the toll lane. All seemed fine until a policeman stopped me about 50m past. I tried the 'terribly sorry Mr Policeman' story but he would have none of it. The long of the short is that I had to walk back to the toll booth with much muttering, and pay the toll for a car. Por que? No se!! Just an example of Jobs Worth. Des dare not take off his helmet since he was laughing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment