Tuesday 9 June 2009

From there we headed to Almaty across some really awesome tracks and then the Charyn Canyon. What a great location and miles from the nearest town. In fact Almaty is 3 hours away. Unfortunately whilst there I came off my bike and the left 'leg breaker' pannier landed on my leg. David managed to lift it off but my foot my b****y hurt. Fortunately a passing car was able to take me to where we had planned to kip that night and having ridden his bike there David went back for mine. I was the focus of attention for every kid in the surrounding area as David pitched my tent and I lay there feeling very sorry for myself and my ankle continued to swell. It was amazing how much soft tissue damage can hurt. For the those of you who said they wanted more pictures of me rather then the damn bike here is one of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment