Thursday 20 June 2013

THE TRANS CANADA ADVENTURE TRAIL Off yet again

I now remember why I bought that alarm clock it has such an annoying ring that it cannot be ignored.  A few too many beers last night and such an insanely annoying clock was definitely needed to get Alex and me out of our beds.  Seems like only yesterday that I posted on Horizons Unlimited for someone to join me on the Trans Canada Adventure Trail and preferably someone who had plenty off-road riding experience.  All in the hope that it might offset my lack skills when it came to riding a motorbike on anything other than asphalt.  My post however neglected to mention these off-road inadequacies.   Alex answered the call to arms and we managed to meet only once before we assembled in Halifax to start the ride.

A bit about the trail then.  15000 km of gravel roads, logging tracks and ATV trails with the odd section of pavement thrown in to ensure that we did not get bored.  Two hopes!!  We would start in St Johns, Newfoundland and ride across the width of Canada to Grant Bay on the west coast of Vancouver Island.

So as I climbed aboard Crazy on that bright June morning there was a feeling of excitement and anticipation in my stomach.  It had been far too long since my last trip and it was great to be back on the road though of course on those rare occasions when you are totally exhausted, cold and hungry the question ‘why am I doing this?’ is never far from your lips.

Tonight we are staying in Englishtown, Cape Breton heading for Sydney where tomorrow we catch the ferry to Argentia, Newfoundland.  For those of you that try to log onto the spot tracker it will not be up and running until we reach Newfoundland.










No comments:

Post a Comment