Monday 29 August 2016

Day 2 - Applelicious (169km Narkanda to Kalpa)


Apples will only grow where it is not too hot and India generally being hot means that apples are found at altitude where it is cooler.  The area was at one time covered in apple orchards but global warming has meant that 80% of the trees have died and apples now only grow at higher levels.  For those who fail to accept what is happening to our climate here is another example.


We woke to a stunning view and this was just the foothills.


Vlasta looking cool and Varun trying to 





Tonight's abode.  I was going to sleep on the roof top balcony but it was a favourite spot for other guests until the early hours and although I do not need my beauty sleep I felt that I needed to deposit some hours in the bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment