Saturday 27 August 2016

Day -1 of the Himalayan Adventure but the 'cheats' way i.e pay for someone else to organise it



Day -1  At the US/Mexico border during my Round the World I met a bunch of dirt bike riders.  We got chatting and I rode with them for the next 3 days or so. The post for that Encounter can be found at Tue 27 Oct 2009.  The long of the short of it is that I was intending to complete this Himalaya trip with a couple of them.  It did not work out for them so I found myself in Chandigarh, India waiting to start the ride and being the only one to live outside of India,
The day before the rest of the team arrived I was so happy to meet Misty.  A 500cc 2013 Enfield Bullet which I took for a test ride down the road.  I was quite pleased as you can probably see the smile which is even wider than usual since they do not usually extend from ear to ear.  The harsh ones amongst you might say that it rarely reaches past a straight horizontal line.  I cannot say she was the smoothest and most comfortable  motorised velocipede that I have encountered and riding her forerunner Crazy in a horizontal aspect could be described as better.   Only one other in the group, Karna and his wife Sandy had also chosen a Bullet and at this stage the warning bells should have been ringing.  Especially when they were the only bikes that had a string of prayer flags between the wing mirrors.  Anand and Presanth who were the two guides had a Husqvarna and an Enfield Himalayan respectively.  Presanth's wiffe Raksha also had a Himalayan whilst the boy racers of the group, Rishi and Varun both opted for KTM Duke 200s.  That leaves Craig with his own modified Enfield Continental GT, his wife Vlasta with a 150cc Hero and Bharut with his wife Neha on a Triumph Tiger 800 Xc.  I will fill in some info with respect to the team in the following days.



Misty and a smiling me.  That is Craig's bike behind me

No comments:

Post a Comment