Sunday 19 October 2014

So close to Halifax now I can almost smell it. Or is that a slight whiff of Dartmouth? ;-) and RELAX


This sign had me diving for cover.  That is until I realised that I was under a solid roof and that it was the middle of October.  Freezing conditions were a little way off yet.
This number plate had me smiling that is until the owner of the vehicle rightly enquired as to what I was doing.  I said that the New Hampshire moto is very bold and interesting to an outsider.  What I should have said is 'that I am free, I am alive and if the other option is to be dead then surely I can do what I like'.  Being of the quiet and unassuming type I decided that this was not my best option.



Madeleine had recommended a great camp site at Hermit Island but on arriving I found out that it had closed the day before.  The manager was really helpful and recommended somewhere else.  Before I found him I drove around the island and it was a fantastic place to camp.  What I should have done was find a secluded site and set up camp since at that time of day nobody would have found me.



Above is the alternative which was not bad.  It was at a place called 'Unpronounceable' or 'Sagadahoc Bay Campground'


Men will recognise that bottle over my left shoulder!!!




Amazingly these 2 leaves landed on my mudguard like this.  Perhaps me assisting them so that they only had 1mm to fall had something to do with it :-)



The problem with unburied power lines.  They get in all the best shots.


Even the grass goes red.


A very nice hotel in Machias, Maine and the same hotel the following morning.  You will not be surprised that I got very wet on this day.




I did however find a great trail to ride and despite the amount of rain it was still in good shape.  It was not until I had been on it for 20 minutes that I hit another road and realised that I was not supposed to be on the trail.







Hooray for Dave!


 So if you want to keep people off your land what would you say beware of?  'Beware of the dog' or 'Trespassers will be shot' but no

 it would seem that people in the east are very protective of their land. 


Perhaps the town should be called 'Bogofformybeeswillsortyouout'

The border crossing back into Canada was a breeze and then I stayed with Larry at his house in Economy, Nova Scotia


Great location right on the Bay of Fundy, although the bay is sadly lacking in this shot.


From right to left meet my hosts.  Damn good looking bloke (I wish), Mildred Larry's Kenyan wife, Larry, Kevin Mildred's cousin, Jake Larry's son and Kerisha Kevin's Jamaican girlfriend.  Bit of a Heinz 52 household.


Bay of Fundy


My last photo of the trip.

So Crazy did really well for a little 400cc bike and I did really well for an old geezer :-) Though just a day on from the end I am taking a while to unwind.  The next trip is already in the planning!!

A few distance figures

Total distance - 8739 miles (14565 km)
Distance with Camilla - 3345 miles (5575 km)
Distance solo - 5394 miles (8990 km)

THE END!!!!
(for the moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment