Wednesday 15 October 2014

Peeling around the big apple and onward to Massachusetts

On leaving Rhode Island the plan was to get round New York as quickly, simply and safely as possible.  The last thing that I wanted was to be sat on a saddle narrower than a blade of grass and ride c#Crazy through the traffic of New York City. I managed it more simply than expected though it did involve being sat on major 4 lane roads for a lot of the time and that is 4 lanes in either direction which made for a long, exhausting, uninteresting and at times scary ride.



I finished the days ride at the Budget Inn, Extension 184, Stonington,  Connecticut.  Just north of Exit 93 of Interstate 95.  I want everyone to remember this hell hole since it was $90 per night, in a terrible condition


and from a night in the room I ended up with 95 'bed bug' bites.  You might ask if I was a little pissed off and in reply I would say 'do bears shit in the woods?'



they even had the gall to feast on my face.  I would like to think that women would pay thousands to be able to do that ;-)

 

The road north towards Worcester, Massachusetts was a good riding one with lots of colours and some lovely bends.  Again it was one of those times where I could do with a few more horses.







These 2 lovely young ladies were having a Yard Sale (Car boot sale).  From the amount of stuff they had to sell it must mean that they had a separate house just to keep the junk sorry merchandise.  I suspect they were hoarders :-)  but insisted on giving me a key ring each to keep as a memento.



Lots of dead people!! but at least they would have a good view.


Some bloke that did something on a horse once though for the life of me I cannot remember what or perhaps it was not that interesting!  Some of you might be able to read the writing and solve the mystery.


Spent the first 10 minutes here looking for the hippies.  Apparently a apparently a number of people have arrived having driven many miles being certain that they would be able to get tickets for at least one gig.  Unfortunately they were 200 miles too far east.



The old and new.  I am referring to the tractors and not father and son


Great little cafe in Woodstock




Some new motorcycling acquaintances in Java Jive.  Charlie and Michelle.


and a great big smoothie served with 3 big smiles.  Jan, Josie and Hayley :-)
The smoothie was so good I had already devoured it.
The bossette in the middle even said that when my book is in the Top 10 best sellers list that I should return and do a book signing in the cafe.

I then spent a couple of days with a friend of mine in Worcester, Massachusetts but like a complete t**t I failed to take any photographs.  Dohhhhhh????????
Madeleine was great since her son let me in when I arrived and then left me to my own devices to await Madeleine as she returned from a road trip on her Triumph.  Living up to expectations of extracting the urine I proceeded to wash all of my clothing and then tumble dry it on high and everything that could not be washed I put into her freezer at -20 deg celcius in order to kill any bed bugs and their eggs.  You can imagine the thoughts running through her mind when she returned to find her freezer full with a motorcycle helmet, armour, boots, bike jacket etc etc

No comments:

Post a Comment