Monday 6 October 2014

Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee




That means I was entering Mississippi.  The sign gave it away.


This is the Natchez Trace Parkway.  Originally a linked series of Indian trails that were used as a trading route.   Perfect tarmac, no real intersections and no crash barriers or hard shoulders.  Just like country roads back home.



Lotsof historical boards to read and bore you with






If you have hawk like eye sight you can see my tent in the backgound



Night time visitor















Those there be Indian Mounds




The edges of the wall paper had trouble staying stuck down





That probably accounted for the amount of road kill here. 



Tin things!!!!



This must be the land of the triffids since they have overwhelmed this garden centre


I think they want to let you know that you are leaving Alabama


They must be so proud that they are manufacturing cancer sticks!!!!!!!


Thought that I would stop and take a photo of this.  I got chatting to the guy who created the sign and he even said that I could camp on his front lawn.  All sounded great until he said that it was going to rain that night and that the rain drops in that neck of the woods were the size of conkers.



Could do with some loving care


1 comment:

  1. The adventure continues.
    Stay safe my friend, and keep up the blog.
    Cheers Errol

    ReplyDelete