Wednesday 7 August 2013

That there be a Snowbird

So the target for today was to reach Penticton where we could stay with Chloe, one of my university buddies, thereby allowing us to get our kit dry and have a shower.  The ride however was good though in places so overgrown that it was impassable so an alternative route had to be found.  Penticton is in the Okanagan Valley which is amazing since it is very hot and extremely fertile.  The number one industry is wine making and fruit growing.  Check out the beach photos below.  When we arrived in Penticton the GPS took us to the right rode but I could not remember what the number was.  In my usual style I knocked on the door of one house to see if they knew where Chloe might live.  Dave answered the door and could not help but allowed me to use his laptop to log onto my Yahoo account and find out the address.  Having done that we were offered some glasses of the local wine and watched the Snowbirds perform over the lake.  Dave is in the middle and he called Chloe for us informing Chloe that he had a couple waifs and strays who were looking for her.  She lived in a different section of the road.

There is a prize for the person who knows what this wooden structure used to be.  By the way I have no idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment