Wednesday 27 January 2010


Even though my riding skills at the time I fell off were nothing to write home about. In my defence the locals at the deserted house said that over the last couple of days the winds had been stronger than they had been for sometime and also where I fell off the land created a natural funneling effect. Twice over the last 9 months I have been given advice that I ignored. The first from a mate near Faslane who, before I started, said I should get rid of Maisie and buy a brand new bike. I wish I had listened. Also in Mongolia a French rider told me that of Maisie was too light on the front. Chris a motocross rider also told me that and when I tried to turn the front would not bite into the ground. An additional factor in falling off.
I will have to admit that I am feeling quite despondent at the moment. During the trip there have been about 7 instances where injury to me or Mazie has meant that I was in a position where I have had to change my schedule and spend a lot of money in order to continue.
I was given this pendant by somebody close to me and I will need to get more courage in order to follow my road to Ushuaia even though it is not a 'yellow brick' one.

No comments:

Post a Comment