Tuesday 3 May 2011

Daisy needs a plaster

Today started well since the rain had decided to keep itself hidden. Unfortunately, whilst getting Daisy onto her centre stand I dropped her and she would not have been hurt if it was not for the fact that she fell into a pole. So now she has one of those designer dents in her tank. So what lesson has been learnt 'unload her before getting her onto the stand'. Still when there is a long range after market tank available she will be getting a new one. Just as well I do not intend to sell her.














The other thing that concerns me is how little the clearance is between the front wheel and the mudguard. Did about 50m down a muddy track today and started to clog with mud and this does not bode well for future conditions in the Amazon. Definite design fault on an adventure bike. I have a plan to fix it but I will need access to some decent tools and materials and I am hoping to do that in Rio. Perhaps I should see if there is a Triumph dealer in Rio and get them to sort it. If anyone knows somebody who works for Triumph then perhaps you could pass this fault on so that it can be sorted for when I return.











Daisy gets yet more attention! Would they have been as interested if they knew that she is damaged goods?















and finally the metropolis of Lages which is hosting me tonight. Hope that you like my picture composition trying mix the new with the old.

No comments:

Post a Comment