Monday 16 May 2011

So what to do on the way to Buenos Aires



I have decided to visit the Pantanal on the way south. It is the most bio diverse area in South America and floods in the rainy season. In this way it is a bit like the Okavango Delta and I visited it many years ago with my sister. So I continued to ride north and arrived at Cristolina. Carlos who we met in Buzios told us to look up a friend of his who works in the tyre shop at a local garage. He was very pleased to see me and called over all of his mates to have a look at Daisy. The hotel in Cristolina is very dirty, run down and expensive. On the ride here I had bird strike at 110kmh. The potential assassin was a crow and it nearly took my head off with a glancing blow above the peak. Thank goodness it did not hit me 6" lower otherwise it would have done me a lot of damage. As it is my neck has been aching since the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment