Saturday 14 May 2011

So the 3 that had become 2 now became 1




Overnight I had a long hard think and decided that I would put the ride on hold and head for Buenos Aires. Trying to do the amount of km per day that Ian was looking at doing would have been no fun for me and my tiredness the previous day put me against doing a long, fast and tiring ride. That said I headed for and made Paracatu which was a 610km ride. I checked into a nice hotel and headed out for food which I had in a sort off static burger van. Not bad for a greasy spoon. Whilst munching on my Brazilian style MacDonalds I heard a lot of cheering and clapping coming from a nearby building. On investigation it was a 5 a-side football match between 2 teams of local 'older than kids' but 'younger than grown ups'. They are passionate in Brazil about football no matter who is playing or the quality of play. After matches all you can hear are car horns. That said it is better than the boy racers who drive around with music blaring on their massive sound systems. Boy racers at home are not nearly as anti social as these. I asked one of them if he had an ASBO and he just looked at me blankly. I think it is because he did not speak English!! or he had just gone deaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment