Thursday 5 May 2011

Idyllic


An uneventful ride except for the 3 overturned lorries on a twisty decent whils passing through stunning jungle. At times the 2 carriageways separated and even when higher than the other it was impossible to see where it cut through the jungle. The houses, office buildings etc were just set in clearings in the jungle. At one such petrol station a lass in high heels and a mini skirt started talking to me and it was obvious that she was not made of wood. She was very much out of place since all the other women were in shorts, T-shirts and flip flops. As we shook hands to say 'chow' or 'food' she almost broke my hand so I took another look at this woman and I realised that she was actually a he. I must have lead a sheltered life!!
About an hour before sunset I pulled into Juquehy, a sleepy little beach town/village though from the numbers of posadas and restaurants this is clearly the place to be in high season. Pulling into one of the many B&B I asked for a room 120Reals was the asking price so I was very happy when I knocked the old boy down to 80Reals, especially for a place so close to the beach. As I went for a run in search of the beach I realised that close means about 200yds so God only knows how much a place on the beach costs. As I ran I saw a bird flying above me. Turns out that the bird was a bloody great butterfly which I tried to photograph. Unfortunately whilst posing for the shot it lost concentration and flew into the sea. Despite a 'Bay Watch' style rescue and 'mouth to proboscis' I failed to save it no doubt salt water was very corrosive for its body work.
As I type this blog I realise that men watching football are all the same the world over. The old boy is sat in front of the telly continuously muttering to himself. No doubt what he is saying is that he likes the Scottish team since they are always moving forwards and not just using 'pitter patter' passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment